Welcome.

Welcome to my first blog. It is being constructed for my ICS 691 course, which is an in depth look at Social Networking. I typically don't engage in this type of activity as I work, so it will be interesting learning about this stuff.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Reformulating the Internet Paradox.

Reformulating the Internet Paradox
Great paper to fall to sleep too. I needed to try to read it 3 times to get through it. I suppose the
summation is that the less you know about something the more stress it causes you and the more it will increase your chances of feeling depressed. This is probably an accurate statement. But I find it hard to believe that this is true in isolation about the internet, that is if there is only one thing causing you stress and that is the internet. I would find it more plausible if this was a review of first marriages, or first children. But internet use?

Virtual Friendship and the New Narcissism.
I liked this article. I thought it was well written and distinctly sarcastic., but true. Unless you are using these sites to accomplish something, they have become the new TV. People while away the hours creating false and well marketed personalities to attract users they have no intention of ever meeting., trading real and fulfilling relationships for public friendship. Yes, this does sound like youth culture, I think I am getting a zitt just writing this. But I loved it when I found out Obama and Clinton had facebook's.

Random blogging
Best blog I have seen so far was one called Max's World. Just a father's pictures of his baby. Photo's were professional. Color and arrangement of photo's was superb. Just beautiful, best use of cyberspace, I have ever seen. I was tempted to post but didn't won't to ruin the sense of intimacy. If I can ever find it again I will let you all know.

No comments:

Post a Comment